A Sunday Writing Series
with Jenny Boyar, PhD
May 3 / June 7 / July 5
Sunday 1:45-3:15pm PST / $12
Join Jenny on the first Sunday of each month.
Writing can turn things that feel intangible and difficult into something tangible; it also allows us to — especially in moments of isolation — invite others into our experience. Our primary purpose in this virtual workshop is to create a space for writing. With prompts and the work of other writers to guide us, we will come together to explore our voices and share our words. No writing experience is required, all sharing is optional.
Profits will benefit the Organic Soup Kitchen Santa Barbara.
This offering is part of our online Sunday Writing Series.
This is for a LIVE STREAM WORKSHOP ONLY.
To take this live workshop please:
1. Make sure you have downloaded the Zoom app.
2. Sign up for this workshop on your Yoga Soup Mindbody account (click on the “register here” link above) at least 10 minutes before the start time of the retreat.
3. At the time you register for the workshop, you will be sent an automatic email with a Zoom link in it.
4. If you don’t see this email please check your promotional or junk boxes.
5. Once you join the Zoom meeting please make sure you are on mute so the other students in the class can’t hear your dog barking or phone ringing. 🙂
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t receive the email with the link in it.
* * * * *
Jenny Boyar received her PhD in English from the University of Rochester, where she specialized in medieval and early modern literature, with an emphasis on poetry and memory studies. She has been a Fulbright recipient and her work has appeared in a variety of publications; additionally, she has served as a reviewer for Publishers Weekly. Much of her teaching has explored writing at the intersection of literature and medicine, and she has led workshops and courses across a range of health and educational contexts. She currently puts her interests to practice as a Medical Writer, where she works in neurosurgery.